Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Rollerblades

Rollerblades are cool.  If you disagree, you are insecure and worried that others will judge you.  I've always known this but I was reminded of just how cool they are today; ergo I am secure, unafraid of judgement, and cool.  Upon stepping into my Saloman women's size 7.5 rollerblades, I immediately regretted leaving them jammed into the back corner of my closet for a whole entire year.  As I started on my journey down the bike path, I was continuously reminded of why I feel this way towards rollerblading.  My first encounter with a rollerblader was a very pleasant conversation about the insanely hot weather we've been having.  The second was a query about the difficulty of skating over the debris that lie ahead.  The third a simple smile and wave - this coming from the ever intense rollerblader with one hand behind his back, leaning forward with the other arm swaying back and forth in front of his body.  My point is, there is a camaraderie that exists between rollerbladers.  Bikers are too busy becoming Lance Armstrong and runners are too tired to acknowledge your presence.  Not only is there a bond that exists between one another but it's fun AND you can still feel the burn.  After all, how did you think I got this great ass?  Piece out.                                 
                                         
           Song of the week: "Echo" by Incubus
video taken from YouTube


1 comment: