Monday, August 10, 2009

Brief Absence

Whew!!!  What a week!  I can't believe I haven't blogged since Tuesday but it has been a ridiculously busy week in the Birnie household.  Since we last spoke, I was introduced to the greatest place in Durham, I acquired a roommate, I ran four miles and I went to Big Lots.  

My friend Tricia and I have made this plan to go to a different lunch spot every week.  She just graduated from Duke making her much more knowledgeable of where to eat other than Chipotle, Noodles and co., etc.  Last week
she introduced me to Park and Otis which could possibly be the coolest place I have been since living here.  Not only do they serve the best BLT (I actually know this for a fact), but they have $2.50 glasses of wine on Thursday, a nifty little 50's-esque store (pictured to the right), a coffee bar, and from what I can tell, pretty amazing desserts.  They also have an awesome outdoor seating area where you can actually bring dogs and if you know me at all, you know this is a huge bonus!  

Other than visiting Parker and Otis on a daily basis, I have been busy with moving apartments.  I know Breanne is going to get mad at me for throwing a pity party but it was without a doubt the hardest move I have had so far.  I had help from Gus and Brian moving the couch, w/d, etc. but I didn't realize how much shit (excuse my language) I have accumulated over the past year.  I also think I was extremely ill-prepared.  I had done 0 packing which resulted in thousands of trips made back and forth over the span of 24 hours.  I learned that a short move 
doesn't always mean an easy move and I have no business heaving 50lb televisions on top of dressers.  In the end, I'm pretty sure it was all worth it and I'm happy with the results.  This is a picture of my room although the bed is not made so it doesn't look nearly as swanky as it is in person.  Just take my word for it!  Winston seems to be enjoying his new abode.  I know this because he's eaten more than I've seen him eat in the past month and he hasn't peed on the carpet yet.  I won't hold my breath.  

I had so many other things to say but it's getting late and I know you are tired!  I have a great song of the week that I hope to share with you tomorrow.  Until then, have a lovely Tuesday.  Piece out.

picture taken from www.parkerandotis.com  


  

No comments:

Post a Comment