Friday, December 2, 2011

Nifty to be Thrifty

In high school, my friend Bonnie and I were addicted to thrifting. My wardrobe consisted of really tight t-shirts and track shorts that some old man used to wear in his glory days as a 1970's track star. How we had any friends, I will always wonder. Thankfully I grew out of that stage and slowly started to distance myself from Volunteers of America.
Last night, Cory and I decided to hit up our local thrift store in search of an ugly Christmas sweater. Upon rummaging through the red sweater section, I found this gem:
This sweater has officially renewed my love and faith in thrift stores. I did experience slight sticker shock when I noticed this sweater was $7.99 and had no red, green or blue tag (25, 50, or 75% off!!) but this is the new era of thrifting. And if the new era keeps me from looking like a prepubescent boy for under $10, I'm OK with that!

1 comment:

  1. In the words of Nikki Swift what a treat! I would consider wearing that on a normal winter day!

    ReplyDelete