Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Dirty South

Wow...I was almost right on when I said "see you in six months" on my last post. So if you're still with me, thank you! I feel like this week is kind of blog worthy. And if anything forced me to do it, it was today's southern inspired meal of green beans (the weird square kinds that I don't think are natural) with ham, mac & cheese, pulled pork, and cornbread. (I got really hungry and couldn't wait to take a picture and then eat...so this is between breaths)
I'M GOIN' DOWN SOUTH! And I'm pretty pumped about it. It's Winston's 4th birthday on Friday and I thought - what better gift to give my best buddy than a trip back home (he was born in Columbia, SC...a TRUE southern gentleman)? To top it off, March Madness starts TODAY (Clemson will lose) and the weather finally doesn't suck (although it is kind of dreary today). So, in honor of my southern homecoming, here are just a few things I'm looking forward to:
1. Winston and I. Alone. On the open road. Blasting out tunes. He has a killer voice.
2. Seeing Ms. Breanne Keys and her new baby. Wow. I never thought I'd say that sentence before the age of 40.
3. Drinking a beer in 80 degree weather and hopefully getting a red tint on this Casper body of mine.
and 4. Visiting the 'Throp and everyone in it.
Ok...welp, I think that's it! Go Bucks!
ok fine...5. Seeing Mr. John Hampton Wallace who I will surely want to kill after 15 minutes - and kicking his ass in Darts at McHales.



No comments:

Post a Comment